The power of 'we'.
A healthy and evolving culture of change is essential for lasting social impact, and those who drive change are often the ones who suffer the most.
Benefolk’s critical purpose is to wrap our arms around changemakers, provide expertise and support and eradicate changemaker burnout.
But we can’t do this alone.
Introducing the network
The Benefolk Network comprises Australia’s leading consultants, professional service firms and practitioners in Australia’s social purpose sector.
Being part of Benefolk Network gives our business members access to a senior leadership peer network, as well as professional and business development opportunities. It also gives them an opportunity to be part of one of Australia’s most important and urgent sector reform agenda: the wellbeing of changemakers.
Who's it for?
Experienced consultants and professional service business owners who provide services to not for profits, social enterprises, NGOs, charities, philanthropy, business and government. They seek autonomy and independence, and support of a broader network of consultants and business owners.
Business owners must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in their expertise, and a minimum 3 years’ running their own business/consulting. An established business is essential. All prospective members are reference checked seven times, which is essential part of the due diligence we conduct for our network, clients and partners.
Providing the Benefolk Network program is supportive to our clients, but is also part of our overall sector wellbeing agenda, and insights from our last network survey showed that:
- 80% - Report having built 10-15 trusted colleagues in the first two years, and peers they could confidently recommend to clients
- 95% - Report that being in the community makes them feels more connected, less isolated and able to achieve their business goals
- 77% - Test ideas and share support with other business owners
- 60% - Access opportunities shared by us and others to share their thought leadership and increase their profile in sector
- 85% - Report that professional development received has helped them build new skills and confidence
Benefolk Network overview
- Monthly business meeting/networking (held on Zoom)
- Quarterly peer input/sector trends discussions (held on Zoom)
- Bi-annual professional development sessions (held on Zoom)
- Annual national network gathering (in person in Melbourne)
- Access to webinars to offer your clients, through Benefolk Services & Resources
- Receive project opportunities and collaborate with other great business owners
- Provide your clients with Benefolk Conciege support
- Opportunity to participate in other Benefolk programs and resource hubs (as aligned with your expertise)
- Share your thought leadership through webinars and our community blog
Benefolk Services team manages all incoming referrals from partners, clients and the network. We also oversee all services, and require our network to keep us updated on engagements. The Benefolk Services team connects network members into project opportunities through two proven and established approaches – either direct service engagement between the business member and client, or managed contractually through Benefolk Services.
Service engagements are centralised to give clients a Benefolk wrap-around service and support. All service proposals go to the client Benefolk-branded, and we have two types of contracting engagements (direct and indirect), with project fees ranging from 0-15%. We work with you on each case to get the best outcome for all involved.
- Benefolk Network is not a BNI style referral network. We do not require you to meet referral quotas, because we know referrals come after trust after is established.
- Benefolk Network is for those with established practices, that are looking to be part of an enriching impact network.
- Benefolk Network is also for those with collaborative mindset, who live by the values of mutual self interest, give and take.
Fees (ex gst)
Application/Reference Checking Fee: $275 (non refundable)
Network fees till 30 June 2024
Solo operator $2000 per annum
Duo or agency $3000 per annum
Network fees from 1 July 2024
Solo operator $2450 per annum
Duo or agency $3950 per annum
All fees are paid upfront for the year ahead.
- Attend Information Session (Must be attended by the business owner)
- Submit EOI (before or after Info Session)
- Attend interview with CEO/Founder and Benefolk Network Manager
- If successful, you will be invited into our Reference Checking Process
- After Reference Checking, you are invited to join the network. All fees are payable upfront.
- Attend onboarding sessions.
"Being part of the Benefolk community has positively impacted me threefold. It has enabled me to grow my business nationally and with a diverse client base. I have grown as a consultant through the professional development opportunities on offer. Lastly, I have grown as a person through the collegiality, support and mentorship extended by the membership."
All the opportunities we receive through the Benefolk community are intellectually fascinating and expansive projects with very worthwhile organisations. I am so passionate about Benefolk and the value it creates for Australia’s social impact organisations.”
Culture and Change Consultant
“Being part of Benefolk has really opened a door to the most amazing group of specialist consultants. Recently, one of my long-term clients engaged two new executives. Upon meeting them for the first time, I proudly spoke about the breadth of capabilities in my team - that is, my Benefolk team. They both knew of Benefolk and were immediately impressed that I was part of such a great organisation. Just knowing that I can confidently find the right capabilities within Benefolk to help deliver for my clients has added a new level of confidence and credibility to my business.”